In the interest of full disclosure, I am letting it all hang out there today.
Do you ever feel like you can’t be yourself? Or say or write what’s really going through your head, or not tell people what really goes on at your house all day, for fear of appearing like a crazy lunatic mom who doesn’t, in fact, have it all together?
Then welcome to my world! 🙂
But I’m kind of getting over all that. I’m entering the world of, “This is my honest yet ridiculous reality and this is what I really think and truly feel and I’m going to say what I really think from here on out!” Not entirely sure where this new-found boldness is coming from, but at 33 years old, I think it’s about darn time.
I think that when you’re a mom with young kids, everyone has opinions for you. And other moms have their way of parenting and if yours doesn’t look like theirs, it’s easy to feel like you’re doing something wrong, or like you’re not good enough, or like your kids are going to become juvenile delinquents. At least, that’s how I’ve felt. A lot. And a girl can only bottle it all up for so long before there’s nowhere else to go with it but into a blog post, can I get an amen?!
So, all that said…confession time. Brace yourselves! More to follow soon!! 😉
– My kids watch tv. Not a lot, and I’m pretty picky about the shows we have on, but it’s on for their viewing pleasure at least twice a day.
– My kids eat candy. And juice. And occassionally sips of coffee and pop.
– I don’t feel like I should have to get a babysitter for every little thing. I have kids. I’m a stay at home mom. We’re a package deal. If I have to go somewhere or do something, they’re probably going to be with me. Deal with it.
– The inside of my microwave is filthy.
– So is the living room carpet.
– Which leads me to state the obvious out loud: I’m not a great housekeeper and there are usually sticky floors and walls and cabinets and dirty sinks and toilets and overflowing trash cans. But I will gladly invite you in for coffee and a chat anytime because I’ve learned to just roll with having a dirty house for the time being. Just try not to step on a duplo block while you’re here. They hurt like the dickens.
Whew. The end.