It’s been a while since I’ve blogged about cloth diapers, so I thought I’d devote some time to updating how it’s been going.
We are still cloth diapering Abby, and I still love it. There are some diapers that I used to love that I’m less than thrilled with now, and have found some that I love so much that I wish I could afford to start a whole new stash. As she’s gotten older, we’ve had to adjust our routine a little bit. She’s a little bit of a heavy wetter, especially overnight, which means we’ve had to start using more inserts in her diapers to keep her dry. Wet babies are not good.
And I’ve only a few gagging episodes while spraying out her diapers in the bathroom, so I’m considering that a success. 😉
I’ve been slowly adding to our stash in order to be ready for Waylon. I’m strongly leaning toward going the “old school route” of prefolds and covers with him, at least at first, but we’ll see what happens once he arrives.
So here’s approximately what we have ready:
For the new baby:
- 10 GMD Workhorse fitteds
- 12 prefolds
- 5 Bumgenius bamboo fitteds, size small
- 4 Thirsties fleece fitteds, size small
- 3 Bumgenius all-in-ones, size small
- 4 or 5 covers
In the big kid stash (it’s kind of random at the moment):
- 8 Bumgenius all-in-ones, medium (Used to love these, but am less than thrilled with them lately…would love to sell them off and buy more Freetimes or Simplex, but we’ll see.)
- 5 Bumgenius one-size pocket diapers
- 3 Bumgenius Freetimes one-size (LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these to death. Wish I could afford about 20 of them.)
- 2 Swaddlebees Simplex 2.0, size medium (Love these, too. Super trim and absorbent.)
- 2 Bumgenius Flip covers (We use Baby Kicks Hemparoo Hemp Fleece prefolds with these, a combination that I am loving!)
- 2 Best Bottoms covers and inserts (Going to sell these off…they do NOT fit Abby well at all)
- 1 Bummis Tots Bots Easy Fit one-size (OK)
- 1 Baby Kicks 3G one-size (just got…jury’s still out)
- 1 Smartipants one-size (OK)
- Lots of various inserts to add absorbancy (Baby Kicks, BG, Fuzzibunz, prefolds, etc)
So there you have it…sorry about the boring subject matter for those of you who have NO interest whatsoever in what our kids are wearing on their butts. I know lots of you think we’re nutso for going this route, but it’s been super affordable and pretty stinking painless. I’d do it again in a heartbeat.