Thanks for bearing with my lack of blog posts. Our days are filled with feedings, changing diapers, and napping whenever possible, which leaves me feeling like I have nothing of interest to blog about, unless you’d like to know specifics of our 3:45 am diaper changes. I’m hoping we will be out and about more in the next week or two, which will make life a little more interesting. For now, here are a few factoids from Abby’s second week.
1. Sleep is good. I miss it.
2. I’ve taken up (what feels like) permanent residence in the living room, next to the pack and play. I miss our bed.
3. The doctor prescribes stool softeners for a reason.
4. Modesty (thanks to breastfeeding) has gone out the window.
5. I didn’t think it possible, but I’m even more neurotic and paranoid now that I’m a mommy. Poor Abby.
6. The pack and play rocks our world. Right now the sound machine/vibration feature is saving the day (or night, actually). We couldn’t survive without it.
7. Having Grandma Grove here has meant everything. She’s heading home this weekend, and I’m not sure we will survive without her.
8. Burping this child is the hardest thing I’ve ever done. Seriously.