I have been running in about 462 different directions this week…have barely had time to eat, let alone blog, which makes me very unhappy. And apologetic. Next week will be way easier, so I will be back to my normal blogging schedule (whatever that is).
For now, I’d like to leave you with a list of things that I am loving at the present moment.
- It is Friday. Hooray!
- Special K Red Berries cereal. Yumminess. This cereal makes me want to get up in the morning, which is really saying something.
- 60 degree weather all week long. It will be cruel when the snow starts flying again next week, but this week’s weather has put a spring back in my step.
- Laura Geller Baked Beginnings Makeup. I received this about a month ago, and have been in love ever since. It’s been a while since I’ve worn makeup that has stayed put for longer than my 30 minute commute; these offer great coverage and they stay on all day long, which is great. I have the balance-n-brighten foundation, the bronze-n-brighten bronzer, and the blush-n-brighten in berry. And I love them all.
- diapers.com: This site sells anything and everything baby related. Their sister site, soap.com, reminds me of alice.com. For first time users, they offer good discounts on shipping and products. I used the site for the first time this week…I was shopping for baby’s “coming home” outfit, and they were having a mad sale on Carter’s outfits. Diapers.com offers free shipping on orders of $49 and up, BUT if you order one item from soap.com as well, you can get free shipping on orders of $25 and up. I am all about free shipping. Plus, I had an online discount code that saved me 15% off my total order. So I ordered four super cute outfits from diapers.com, and Press and Seal freezer wrap for our upcoming freezer cooking session from soap.com, and my total came to $30, which is pretty stinking good. And shipping was CRAZY fast. I placed the order at 4 p.m. on Wednesday, and it was delivered the next day. (My items shipped from their Kansas City warehouse, which is pretty dang close and pretty dang convenient.) When my order arrived, I learned about an interested program they offer – you can mail manufacturer’s coupons to them (using the postage-paid envelopes they provide) and they will apply them to your next purchase of those items. This is the first place I’ve shopped online that offers that type of program, and I was impressed by it. Not sure I will ever use the coupon program, but it’s a neat option.
- Pigs in a Blanket: Darn it, I have been craving these forever, and I know that pregnant ladies aren’t supposed to eat hot dogs, but I could resist no longer. Made them for supper last night and they were the best thing I’ve eaten in months. No regrets.
- This article on taking great newborn photos. Totally going to practice her ideas on my kid in a couple of months. She also has this great post on how to shoot more creative photos. Going to practice this weekend!