I’ve been working through thoughts of “community” in my life this week, thinking of how hard it is with crazy daily stuff to stay connected to the ones I care about. And I’ve been battling a little bout of homesickness, which can sometimes rear it’s big, ugly head for quite a while. Sometimes I feel kind of lonely and isolated. But my thought process this week has made me thankful for all the little, easy ways I’m able to connect with people, whether they are near or far away.
So this week, I am thankful for:
61. Technology and ALL the ways it allows me to be in touch with my favorite people.
62. Online chats with my brother.
63. Texting Sarah at night when I should be in bed asleep.
64. Snail mail.
65. Phone calls with my parents that aren’t frequent enough, even when they’re daily.
66. Getting multiple emails a day from Tresia. Except for the days when she is elbow-deep in fried chicken, of course.
67. Memories of happy get-togethers with friends and family that remind me I am loved and have a place in the world.
68. Growing up in a family that values and practices fellowship, and who will call at a moment’s notice to throw some fun together. (I miss those bonfires lately, guys.)
69. Late night chats with my hubby.
70. Comments from YOU on the blog.