I have a slight obsession with Judge Judy.
I think she’s marvelous and wise and sometimes I get my Judge Judy attitude on when our dogs misbehave and I’m feeling a little crabby. It’s good practice for when we have kids.
So over the many years I’ve watched the show, I’ve learned a few life lessons that I shall now impart to you. And if you’re ever in the neighborhood, feel free to drop by for a few dvr’d episodes of the judge. Because I have many. And I’m always in the mood for Judy.
- God gave us one mouth and two ears for a reason.
- “Ummmmm…” is not an answer!
- NEVER co-sign a loan for anyone other than your spouse.
- Don’t pee on my leg and tell me it’s raining.
- Put on your listening ears!
- If someone doesn’t look you in the eye when talking to you, they’re lying.
- Don’t be a pot-stirrer.
- SPEAK UP!
- Beauty fades. Dumb is forever.
- If you tell the truth, you don’t have to have a good memory.
And in signing off, I leave you with Judy’s infamous farewell: “Goodbye, and have a happy life.”